At Oral & Facial Surgery of New Mexico, we make it easy to restore your smile by offering same-day dental implants. If you are having a tooth extracted, Dr. Bryce Heiner can insert a dental implant post immediately into the empty tooth socket at the same visit, if there is enough healthy jaw bone. By having the dental implant placed at the same time as an extraction, you save money and time by not requiring a separate dental implant procedure.
If you have a tooth that is badly damaged, decayed, or infected beyond the point of repair, contact Oral & Facial Surgery of New Mexico for a consultation. We offer a variety of implant-based tooth restoration options, including same-day dental implants, to restore a tooth after it is extracted. Learn more about same-day dental implants in Las Cruces and Roswell, NM, by scheduling an appointment.
Dental implants are a popular option for replacing a tooth because of their high success rates, easy maintenance, longevity, and health benefits. You benefit in many ways by choosing a same-day dental implant to replace a tooth, including:
- The post fuses to the bone in the jaw, preventing bone loss and protecting oral health
- Dental implants protect alignment by preventing adjacent teeth from shifting into the open space
- Dental implants are long-term solutions that can last a lifetime with proper care
- Dental care is easy with implants—brush and floss daily to maintain good oral hygiene, just like natural teeth
- Only a single visit is necessary, saving time and money by not requiring separate implant surgery
- The healing process is much faster, because instead of waiting for the socket and implant to heal separately, they can heal together
The Process of Getting a Same-Day Dental Implant
Prior to the tooth extraction, we will take 3D scans of your mouth to determine jaw bone health. A dental implant can only be placed if there is adequate jaw bone to support it. If there is not, we can place a bone graft into the socket after extraction and place an implant after it heals, or in some cases, place bone grafting material into the socket with the implant post so that they heal together. Dr. Heiner will walk you through your treatment options and the steps of your procedure during the consultation.
Options After Extraction
The right choice for replacing your tooth may depend on the location of the tooth, your financial situation, and the goals for improving your oral health. Oral & Facial Surgery of New Mexico offers dental implants and other restorative treatments in Las Cruces and Roswell, NM, and we are happy to outline all of your options to help you select the choice that’s right for you.
- Same-Day Dental Implants. One of the most popular and healthiest tooth replacement options, dental implants are ideal for replacing one or more teeth. Implant-based tooth restoration preserves facial structure by preventing bone loss and dental shifting. With this one-day procedure, the healing period is faster than undergoing separate extraction and implant placement procedures. Same-day implants also means that you can leave the office with a tooth, instead of having an empty space in your smile.
- Socket Preservation. If you do not plan on immediately replacing the extracted tooth with a traditional implant, you can have bone grafting material inserted into the socket. The bone graft will ensure the socket maintains its shape and size, making future implant placement easier and maintaining jaw bone integrity.
- No Replacement. Without a tooth and its root in place, the jaw bone does not receive the stimulation it needs to stay healthy. Weakened jaw bones often cause facial features to sag and appear uneven. If you do not preserve the socket, it can make future restoration more difficult or require more extensive bone grafting to repair the bone.
To learn more about your options following a tooth extraction or to schedule an appointment, contact our office. Our team looks forward to improving your oral health and confidence through exceptional oral surgery care.
Find Us in Las Cruces and Roswell, NM
Oral & Facial Surgery of New Mexico has two offices in Las Cruces and Roswell, NM. Contact us for an appointment with our board-certified, dual-degree oral surgeon, Dr. Bryce Heiner.